Friday, January 1, 2010

Yummy blackeyed peas

Oh my goodness I made the best blackeyed peas ever.  So good and of course the boys hated it.  Ryan did enjoy it and ate 3 bowls of it.  It was by far the best blackeyed peas I have ever had.  I also looked into Culinary School today.  Ryan said to email them and see how much it would cost....lets keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't cost too much.  Tomorrow night I will be working at the baby gap.  I love it there and soooo many cute things for Spring.  My baby Blaine doesn't fit it anymore but Logi bear does....I guess it is time for another baby!  Not ready just yet for that..

Blackeyed Peas
16oz package of  blackeyed peas
6 cups of water (I used 5 cups and a can of chicken broth)
1 medium onion chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
salt and pepper
I put some tabasco sauce in there also
ham hock (I did not have one so I chopped up ham) 

rince the blackeyed peas and put them in a pot with the water...next put everything else in and then bring to a boil.  Once a boil simmer for 1 1/2 hours.  YUMMY




I served mine with beer bread...so good

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.