Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CUTE

Love nap time but not when I hear my sweet 2 year old having the time of his life in his room.  So I have been really busy EATING.  I am eating everything in site.  My thing is cookie dough.  I LOVE it.  Yumm.

I have been looking at all kinds of blogs and I getting a lot of ideas for this summer.  I want to entertain a lot this summer.  I have two friends that are expecting...sounds like baby showers...hooray!  I have found some really cute ideas the first is this cute little drink for pregnant girls called a preggatini...how cute.


Pictured above and below: a few sample recipes & liquid-eye-candy images from Preggatinis:







1. Sparkling Citrus







Stirrings Tangerini Rimmer

2 oz fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice

1 oz tangerine juice

2 oz blood orange soda

dash grapefruit bitters (optional)







Rim a champagne flute with rimming sugar. Pour in juices and dash of bitters, then top with blood orange soda.







***







2. Pomegranate Cooler







5-7 fresh or frozen blueberries

2 oz pomegranate juice

2 oz white grape juice

3 oz sparkling pomegranate soda

1 lemon slice







Muddle the blueberries in the bottom of a tall glass. Then add ice and pour in the juices. Fill the glass to the top with sparkling pomegranate soda, and place a lemon slice on top of the drink. Sip through a colorful straw.







***

3. Ginger Bellini Punch (Preggatinis, pg. 110)







***







4. Minty Mango Cooler







2 cups white grape juice

3 cups mango nectar

1 bottle bitter lemon soda

3 trays mango-mint ice cubes*

2 bunches fresh mint







Pour white grape juice, mango nectar, and bitter lemon soda into a large pitchr or punch bowl. Add 1 tray of mango-mint ice cubes. To serve, place 2-3 fresh mango-mint ice cubes into a tall glass. Fill the glass with punch. Garnish each glass with a sprig of mint.







*Mango Mint Ice Cubes:

1-1/2 cups mango juice

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup simple syrup

juice from 1 lime

1 bunch mint leaves







***

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.