Thursday, September 1, 2011

Now this butters my toast!





Have you tried this awesome butter yet? Land O Lakes cinnamon butter is oh so good. I thought about how easy it would be to make your own flavored butters like these....

Cranberry Butter

1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup unsalted and softened butter

Mix cranberries and maple syrup with softened butter. Be sure not to over-mix or butter will turn pink. Place half the mixture in the butter crock and serve. Refrigerate remaining portion until ready to use. Scrumptious spread for warm waffles and pancakes.

Sweet butter from all recipes
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 pinch ground ginger
Directions
1.Place the butter into a bowl, and stir together with brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger until the mixture is completely blended.

Honey Butter
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of honey

I am sure there are tons of awesome recipes out there for some good ol butter

3 comments:

  1. These sound so good. Remember the time when we ate at the tearoom at The Colony. They had three different savory butters in one long log. They had rolled each flavor into ropes, then they put the ropes together and refrigerated them. They sliced into 1/2 inch lengths to serve. They looked like little flower medallions. I think the flavors were tomato garlic, plain butter, and basil butter. Tomato garlic may not have been the flavor, but it was a light pink color. They were pretty with the three different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Majoley! This sounds amazing, and yes, I will be buying the cinnamon butter ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna, please don't stop blogging. I check both yours and your Mom's almost every day! Keep up the rceipes, and the pics of the boys, I love them!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.