Thursday, September 29, 2011

hummingbird cake

I have been trying to come up with some kind of post. The only thing exciting I have done this week is make this cake. The picture is not mine but from Southern living. The cake is wonderful and I even put store bought cream cheese icing. Enjoy!


.
FREE TRIAL - Recipes & More!

More From Southern Living
•Fresh and Easy Harvest Salads
•33 Party Appetizers
•Lighten Up! Southern Classics
•Halloween Appetizers and Drinks
•Easy Tailgating Recipes
Nutritional Information
Amount per serving

Calories: 642
Fat: 34.2g
Cholesterol: 71mg
Sodium: 312mg
Nutrition Guidelines for Healthy LivingIngredients
3 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3 large eggs, beaten 1 cup vegetable oil 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained 1 cup chopped pecans 2 cups chopped bananas Cream Cheese Frosting 1/2 cup chopped pecans Preparation
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not beat.) Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas.
Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top. Store in refrigerator.
Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook

1 comment:

  1. I will take a piece of your cake. Please bring it to me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.