Monday, April 18, 2011

part of being a mommy

Saturday we had the greatest time at our vacation home AKA my parents 5 acres. They were away for a couple of days and we took advantage of that. My boys played all day...all day! That night when we got home I thought I bet one of those boys is going to wake up with a fever. So at 3:30am I here what sounds like a dog trying to throw up after eating grass. I thought oh please let it be the dog. Nope, my 6 year old throwing up. Once he threw up the first time he asked me "does this mean I am king of the house?". Yep he was king of the house. Thirty minutes later another round of the puking....thirty minutes later another round and it happened that way until noon the next day. Well, hubby thought he should go to the 24 hour clinic. The clinic right away sent me to the ER because he needed fluids. Long story short the ER sent us home with nothing but Zofran and a plastic cup of water. All was ok today but as I sit here and type this I have a 4 year old that has been throwing up since 8pm and now it is 11pm. Let's hope we can sleep tonight. He is a bit harder to take care of because he gets mad! I have a feeling I was a lot like him at his age. Mad at the world because he is sick. Praying this is the end of the stomach bug and I will not be in that stomach bug club.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all is ok today. I will call to see if you need help. Very good post.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.