Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mole Recipe

I made some mole sauce last week...go me. It was so good and smelled the house up like a Mexican restaurant. Easy to make and I just added shredded chicken. We ate our mole with tortillas. So fun to make.

4 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (I usually use Hershey Special Dark, it has a sweetness that mellows the sauce)
Change Measurements: US | Metric

Directions:
Prep Time: 5 mins

Total Time: 53 mins
1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over med.
2 low heat.
3 Add onion, garlic, oregano, cumin and cinnamon.
4 Cover and cook until onion is almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
5 Mix in chili powder and flour, stir for 3 minutes.
6 Gradually whisk in chicken broth.
7 Increase heat to med. high.
8 Boil until reduced, about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9 Remove from heat.
10 Whisk in chocolate; season with salt and pepper


Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/mole-mo-lay-sauce-35659#ixzz1JzISjTnK

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.