Monday, January 17, 2011

Money isn't everything

I am pretty sure people who say "money isn't everything" don't wake up at 6 in the morning worrying about it.  Now I know money isn't everything but it is about 90% of everything.  With no money you can't eat or live.  I know that hardly anyone looks at this blog so I feel I can write personally.  I feel I did real good with buying gifts this year for Christmas. I bought about 80% of the gifts early.  BUT I got sick around this time and so did my husband...oh and my youngest boy.  Thankfully and thank you God (I really do mean thank you God) my husband has really good health insurance for us.  Still the bills are killing us.  When I mean I was sick I mean seriously I went to the doctor once a week through the whole month of December.  My boy went two times which my wonderful dad paid for his medicine and his visit.  Don't get me wrong we are not poor people who live in tiny little house. My husband does make good money.  To some people we are rich.  I mean we can live in a nice house but yes we do live paycheck to paycheck.  Right now we are living on a credit card.  Let me first say that it has been 3 years since we used this credit card!  We are still paying off this credit card though and now we are back on it.  It has only been 2 weeks of using it...but let me tell you when you HAVE to use a credit card you find out that you spend a lot of money everyday.  We are really trying to not use it and I really miss having paper towels.  It is the little things that a realize how blessed I am..I mean I seriously miss having paper towels.  Paper towels I will not take you for granted again.  You really do realize how much stuff matters to you.  My mom and I went shopping the other day.  Just spending time with her is fun to me but she bought me some clothes.  It felt so good to get new clothes and I really appreciated it.  I have looked at those new clothes a hundred times...they are just so pretty!  I am over Coach purses mainly because I could buy 7 purses for the price of one Coach.   I am just over name brand stuff all together...although I still dream of North Face jacket.  Why though?  It is not like they are warmer then any other jacket.  It is the name.  Oh well I have learned through this no money thing.  I have learned that I would love to have money coming out of the walls but I don't think I would appreciate the things that I do get as much.  For instance, dishwasher soap...I am now washing my dishes in the sink.  I will be honest it does make my hands soft.  I will not ever take my dishwasher for granted again.  Boy I feel better just typing this.  Now time to cut some coupons out of the Sunday paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.