Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mexican Flatbread pizza.

If you don't ever look at the Pioneer Woman blog then you are missing out.  I made her Mexican Flatbread Pizza and it was so easy.  My picky kids didn't like it but they don't like anything that is not spaghetti.  I urge you to try it though.  I loved it. 

Ingredients


■1 can Large Biscuits (non Flaky) (8 Biscuits Per Can)

■1 whole Can (14.5 Ounce) Refried Beans

■3 Tablespoons Salsa Or Picante Sauce

■1-½ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese

■Pico De Gallo

■2 cups Browned Hamburger Meat, Seasoned

■Shredded Iceberg Lettuce

■3 Tablespoons Salsa

■5 Tablespoons Sour Cream

■Cilantro For Garnish

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Flour work surface and roll out each biscuit until very flat. Brush very lightly with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes, or until starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and set aside.



Mix refried beans with salsa. Heat on stovetop.



Heat up leftover ground beef.



To assemble, spread refried beans over each flatbread. Top with plenty of beef. Sprinkle shredded cheddar over the top. Return to oven for three minutes, or until melted and bubbly. Top with plenty of pico de gallo and lettuce.



Mix together salsa and sour cream. Drizzle over the top of each pizza. Garnish with cilantro. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.



1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.