Saturday, April 17, 2010

yummy egg

This is the egg before

this the egg after but still cooking
There is a part in the movie Julie and Julia were she eats her first egg and says "it tastes like creamy cheese sauce".  I decided last night since it was Friday night and I was home I would make Julia Childs way of making an egg.  That is what everyone does on Friday night right?  I have to say that it was the BEST egg I have ever tasted in my life.  I am not even kidding it was yummy!  Toay I am going to my sister in laws to work on the baby room.  Hooray!

Oeufs En Cocotte A La Creme
     (eggs baked in ramekins)
1/2 tsp butter
2 Tb of heavy cream (I used cheese sauce with some milk added)
1 egg for each ramekin
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

choose a poreclain or fireproof glass dish 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter and about 1 1/2 inch deep.
Arrange in a pan containing 3/4 inch of water and set over over a burner; bring water to a simmer.
Place all but a dot of butter in the ramekin; add a tablespoon of cream, and break in the egg.  When egg white has begun to coagulate in bottom of ramekin, add the remaining spoonful of cream, seasonings,   and the dot of butter.  Place in lower third of preheated oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes.  The eggs are done when they are set.  Season with salt and pepper..yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.