Friday, March 19, 2010

My home

My pictures are fuzzy but that is the best I could do with this horrible camera.  So let me start with the kitchen..I wish so badly I took before and after pics.  I spray painted the light fixture from an ugly brass color to green color.  My husband made the black shelves and put them up.  I only wanted white vases and such on there.  I made the pelmet box with foam core and just stapled fabric on to it.

Next my living room:  I took pics of the shelves we did and I painted the frames of the bird pictures with a red paint.

My room:  It is on the way to being beautiful.  Ryan and I made the head board.  I love it!  We just bought some lumber and Ryan cut out the design with his saw.  We then got foam and some fabric.  Just stapled that to the board and hung it up like a picture.  Now I am re-doing my dressers.  More pics to come when it is all done.  I am very excited about this. 

I am going to try REALLY hard to keep this blog up.  Cooking is my passion so I am going to try to do way more of that.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous. just gorgeous! you are so talented and hard working! love, susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna! I am so impressed. I love the this site, and I love what you have done to your house. I am going to make a link or suggestion or wahtever from my blog to yours. I have VERY FEW readers, so I do not think you will get any more followers from it, but at least I am advertising. :)
    First and foremost, I LOVE the headboard. I couldn't love it more! Second, I love those red frames with the bird pics. Where did you get those? The yellow pillows on the "painting" blog that you love, those are from Target! Crazy, huh? I have one of those yellow pillows. I think I will put it in Mallory's room. Finally, Love the XO and I love those number pillows you posted. I was just at pottery barn and saw the napkins that had numbers. I want those, but alas, I cannot afford them. Long and Short...LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.