Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cooking on a SNOWY Spring

Seriously???  Snowing on the first day of Spring!  I don't like that...NOT ONE BIT.  I have had enough of the cold weather soooo ready for the warm weather.  I decided I would make some warm brocolli cheddar soup like Panera Bread and for the hubby I mad hot wings.  I will post the recipe for the soup but the hot wings had just some Hooters sauce on them. 

Brocolli Cheese Soup
Ingredients:


1 tablespoon butter, melted

1/2 medium onion, chopped

1/4 cup melted butter

1/4 cup flour

2 cups half-and-half

2 cupschicken stock or bouillon

1/2 pound fresh broccoli

1 cup carrots, julienned

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

8 ounces grated sharp cheddar





Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]







Directions:



Saute onion in butter. Set aside. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half (this is called making a roux). Add the chicken stock whisking all the time. Simmer for 20 minutes.



Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper. The soup should be thickened by now. Pour in batches into blender and puree. Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended. Stir in the nutmeg and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.