Thursday, July 9, 2015

Strep Throat Stinks!

My youngest boy has been really sick since Sunday. My husband took him to the doctor on Monday and he tested positive for strep. I was proud that we got him to the doctor early and that he could have the rest of the week to play. Boy was I wrong. Amoxicillin was not working. The doc had said if he didn't feel better by Wednesday to bring him back so we can test him for mono. So Wednesday came and my boy woke me up by telling me to call the doctor. My boy never tells me when he doesn't feel good so I knew this was serious. Off to the doctor we went and paid yet another co pay. Logan had to pee in a cup which mortified him. So with a different antibiotic we were on our way to do a blood test. Poor guy was so scared but he did so well. He was as white as a ghost and had to sit down half way to the car. We made it home and tonight he is feeling a little better. No word on the blood work and he still is running a fever. I am hoping tomorrow he will be better.

 

Just about to give blood

 

Couldn't make it to the car yet

 

Finally home

I might add he is in his room right now watching Toy Story. My favorite movie!

 

1 comment:

  1. I can't hardly stand it when my kids are sick. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.