Friday, October 17, 2014

Baked Apple Pudding

I have been making this little dessert since my oldest was a baby. The boys know when Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown comes on they are going to enjoy some Apple Pudding. This recipe is from cooks.com

2 c. Apples

1/2 tsp. lemon juice

3/4 c. Sugar

1/4 tsp. salt

3 tbsp. butter

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 c. Milk

1 c. Flour

TOPPING

1/2 c. Sugar

1 tbsp. cornstarch

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Dash of salt

1 c. Boiling water

Slice 2 cups of apples, put in 8x8 buttered pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Cream sugar, salt, and butter. Add baking powder, milk, and flour (alternately). Turn batter over apples. Mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg and salt. Turn over top of batter. Pour 1 cup boiling water over all. Do not stir. Bake at 475 degrees for 40-45 minutes

 

Doesn't look pretty but it is really good!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.