Thursday, July 10, 2014

This is da bomb!

I have been making some bath bombs lately. They smell so good and my bath water feels so soft. Lush has some really good smelling bath bombs but the price is not awesome. I just knew there had to be a way to make them. I was right there are tons of recipes online. Here is my recipe that I tried and liked

1 C baking soda

1/2 C Epsom salt

1/2 C citric acid

1 tsp vitamin E oil

Couple drops of fragrance oil (i used lavender)

Food coloring

Water in a spray bottle

Mix citric acid, baking soda, and Epsom salt until all clumps are gone. Add your oil, fragrance, and food coloring until mixed really good. I used my hands. Your going to spray some water in the mixture until it feels like a clump of packed snow. Do not put to much water. For my cupcake bombs I packed the mixture into a muffin liner in a muffin tin. For my regular bombs I just used a ice cream scoup. Let them dry overnight.

 

 

Icing for my cupcake bath bombs

3Tbsp of meringue powder

1 lb of powdered sugar

1/4 tsp cream of tarter

5-6 tbsp of warm water

A couple drops fragrance oil

 

Mix warm water and meringue powder in a GLASS bowl. Add sugar and cream of tarter until mixed good. Add fragrance. Put into a piping bag and ice your dry cupcake. I added some dry lavender on top of mine. Dry overnight.

I also did chocolate ones for my boys.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.