Monday, January 23, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cupcake

If you like the snickerdoodle cookie then will love this. Very easy to make

Ingredients
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2.In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3.In a large bowl, cream shortening and 2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition. Alternately add milk and flour mixture in three stages, mixing well with each addition.
4.In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over cake.
5.Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.

I made up my own icing but it was really good

I took about 4 tablespoons of butter softened and mixed it with a bag of powdered sugar. I added some cream until it got looking like icing. Then I sprinkled some cinnamon and sugar on top

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.