Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hot Sauce

Not to brag or anything but I have had a lot of tomatoes this summer. Ok, I am bragging! I think I have found my calling....tomato gardner. I had to think of something to do with all my tomatoes so I decided to make hot sauce. This wonderful hot sauce recipe came from my super talented aunt Teresa. My sweet aunt Brenda gave it to me. Thank you aunts!
Recipe 4qts. peeled chopped tomatoes 2 C chopped onion 1 c chopped jalapenos 1/2 c vinegar 1/8 c of sugar 2 1/2 T. of salt 1/4 c finely chopped garlic 1/4 c of cornstarch (mixed with water to make a paste) 2 t. of cumin 2t. of oregeno 1/4 C of fresh cilantro Combine vegetables and seasonings in a large pan. Dissolve cornstarch in enough water to make a paste. Stir in vegetable mix. Simmer for 45 minutes. Put in hot sterilized jars with hot lids. Turn upside down to seal. Yields 4 qts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.