Tuesday, June 28, 2011

lots of salt...lots of butter....CORN

Back when my grandparents were living and life was simple for me we would shuck corn. Around July 4th the whole family would go to grandma and grandpa's farm. There we would pick the corn and shuck it under the shade tree. Sounds like a movie now that I think of it. It was the best time of summer. It is a good thing that it wasn't a movie because the way they/I ate the corn was a bit crazy. The night of the corn shucking we would all gather around the table and go to town on corn. That is all we had to eat and it was all we wanted. The drive home was always the best to hear my dad talk about my mom's family eating the corn. You see they ate and never looked up. It was crunch, crunch, and more crunch. I am very proud to be a Dawkin's corn eater. I miss those times on the farm...worms in the corn and all.

1 comment:

  1. I was just saying the other day how much I LOVE me some corn on the cob! Barbara made it the other night for us, and then my dad made it a day later (when I was in OKC)...hot dang. Good couple of days!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.