Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Baked apple pudding

Every October since 10-22-05 I have made this baked apple pudding.  It is my little guys favorite.  I only make it once a year and that is the day that they have the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin special.  My little guys curl up on the couch with a bowl of this stuff  and watch the special.  Oh and let me tell you I made my boys help me make it.  I want them to be able to cook.  My hubby is not much of a cook but you better believe I will be like Paula Dean with her boys.

Baked Apple Pudding
2c. apples
1/2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
1 c. flour

TOPPING
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt
1 c.  boiling water

Slice 2 cups of apples, put in 8*8 buttered pan.  Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.  Cream sugar, salt, and butter.  Add baking powder, milk, and flour (alternately).  Turn batter over apples.  Mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  Turn over top of batter.  Pour 1 cup of boiling water over all.  Do not stir.  Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.