Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mother of the year....not me!

Ok so last night I got home from work around 10 pm. My kids were asleep and my hubby was playing his new game on the playstation. First let me tell you when hubby gets a new game he does not see or pay attention to me! He is in some kind of game zone. I get in my bath ready to relax. Hubby comes in there and tells me Blaine lost a tooth while I was at work. I didn't give it much thought. Hubby went back to playing the game and I went to bed. I woke up to my little guy saying that the tooth fairy didn't come. I woke up and said "oh well there must be a note somewhere and we will find it when we all wake up. Go back to bed". This is 6:30 am now. I tell my sleeping hubby what happened and he says "oh crap!" and rolls back over to sleep. I get my butt up and write a note in the dark telling Blaine that the tooth fairy didn't want to wake him. I walk into his dark room and see him on his bed sitting up crying. He is crying saying that the tooth fairy didn't want his tooth because it was a bad tooth. Talk about melting my heart. He saw the note from the tooth fairy with $3 in it. He smiled...and said she didn't want to wake me and wants me to put my tooth under the pillow tonight. Wow!! Close one!!!!

I walk back into my room where my still sleeping hubby is and tell him how bad I feel. He says "don't worry about it babe". REALLY!!!! Don't worry about it???? If I didn't worry about "it" then nothing would ever get done. Right girls????? I mean husbands never worry. Ugh.

So this year I do not get mother of the year award. BUMMER!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I DO think that you get the mother of the year award! You saved the day and that is what a good mother does. In times of "crisis" she comes through. Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It's always the mom who has to step in! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL, LOVING, and CARING mommy who worried about it. You would not be mother of the year if you had said, "Yep, you're right. No big deal." Instead you we sincerely upset. Those boys are LUCKY and BLESSED to have you as a mommy.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home momma who dreams of becoming a chef. I also of course love making my house beautiful.